LAC+USC Medical Center is the pediatric referral unit for primary and specialty care in Los Angeles County’s northeast healthcare network. Pediatric residents have extensive opportunities for community outreach.
Our campus – which is found in the heart of the community of East Los Angeles and on the University of Southern California’s Health Sciences Campus – houses both inpatient and outpatient facilities.
Our inpatient facilities include:
- 40 bed level III neonatal intensive care unit
- 32 bed normal newborn nursery
- 40 bed pediatric and adolescent inpatient unit (for both pediatric and adolescent patients)
- 10 bed pediatric intensive care unit
- 14 bed dedicated pediatric emergency room with a level I trauma designation
- Medical library
- Physician cafeteria with a $28 per day allotment – that’s > $10,000 a year in free food!
Our residents are exposed to 35,000 pediatric emergency room visits per year and 3,500 pediatric inpatient admissions with varying degrees of acuity from bronchiolitis and appendicitis to complex medical problems such as high risk acute lymphocytic leukemia and traumatic brain injury.